February 17, 2013

Last letter from the MTC!


Hi family and friends!! How are you? Thank you so much for the letters! I loved the package! Thank you!!! And I literally started screaming/squealing when I saw the nut bars! Thank you mom! Thank you for the pictures of the Johnson cousins and of Katie! They are so cute! And Katie is gorgeous.  I showed my district them! I loved the pictures thank you so much! Please send more! 

So like I said, I leave next Wed! I can not believe have been here for two weeks. It has felt like I have been here forever, but at the same time last wed seems like yesterday. I love it here! 
I got to help welcome 2 new districts in our zone! They are so awesome! Going to Canada (some are from Canada and have amazing accents)  and Washington. Tonight we are getting another district going to Tuscan. They are all so nice and amazing! Also some are really good volleyball players, which makes gym time more fun!
Right now i'm waiting for my laundry listening to my district sing "Nearer My God To Thee" (Look up this hymn it is amazing!!!!!!) Everyday is so amazing and such a learning experience. 
Amazing experience the other day at TRC! TRC is when we teach volunteers or staff, some are members of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints and some are not. We went in, and knew nothing about him. He was visiting his friend at BYU this week, because he has never seen snow. He was visiting from Malibu, but he is originally from Israel. He grew up in this atheist village in Israel, yet he always believed there was a God. We got to talk to him about how he is a son of a loving Heavenly Father, prayer, Jesus Christ, and how Jesus Christ died for us, and also about the Book of Mormon! (I f you haven't yet read the Book of Mormon and pray about it!  It will change your life!) Ahhhh I love the Book of Mormon! So amazing. Every time I pray for help or with a question and then go read from the Book of Mormon, I find an answer and feel so much love and comfort. (Mormon.org is awesome if you have any questions or want to have missionaries talk to you). Sorry back to the story. But it was an amazing and spiritual. He had so much faith to believe in God, even though everyone in his village, including his parents, told him otherwise. He prayed in the end, and I thought his english was good but he didn't, so he prayed in Hebrew. It was so incredibly beautiful and the Spirit was strong even though I didn't understand what he was saying, you could just feel the Savior and Heavenly Father's love for him!
They added another bunk bed to our room! It is crazy, over 800 missionaries enter today. I love it here! The Spirit is so strong. Hymns and prayers and studying the gospel of Jesus Christ!!! Ah I love it! I have taken some pictures and will try to take more and send it from Ohio.
In other teaching it has been amazing how much Heavenly Father answers prayers! We felt prompted to teach about this one thing, and that is exactly what they needed! Cool story. One of the Sisters in my room (C) was having a hard time. She also didn't feel good so she left class early. The girls next to our room also where in their room because one of them had a really bad migraine or headache. One of the girls (let's call her H) came over to our room and talked to them. C was telling H about the problems she was having, and then H told her she had to tell her something. H's dad had a dream before she came to the MTC and wrote it down for her and gave it to her before she got into the MTC. H didn't;t read it until later when she was having a hard night. In it it said that her dad's dream he dreamed about a Sister C (It was this sisters real name) and that sister H would need to help her. It was so crazy!!! I probably explained it a lot more confusing than it is but, it is just so amazing how much Heavenly Father knows us. 
Thank you all for the support. I feel so blessed to have it. Thank you everyone for your letters! They have meant so much to me! Shout out to my roomies for the cupcakes- Thank you so much and I love you girls!!!!! 

Sorry this is so rambled and didn't just trying to get a bunch out before my time is over. I love you all!!!
The next e-mail I write will be from Ohio!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Love love love you all!!!!

Love Always, Sister McDougle

No comments:

Post a Comment