April 7, 2013

You made a serious impact!

Hi! 
     
Hope all is well.
     
This week there was a few days of sunshine so that was so great!!!! We had our first district meeting as a new district. It was great. I feel like a baby because everyone has been out forever and I just hit my 2 month mark. My companion hit her 9 month mark! We tracked a lot.

 Easter was so great! I got to see how essential and life changing the Atonement is. One man asked us if God can forgive us if we don't forgive ourselves. It was so amazing to see how essential it is to have faith in Jesus Christ's Atonement. Part of having faith in it is having faith that you truly can be forgiven. Heavenly Father loves us so much that He wants us to forgive ourselves and let the Atonement heal us. It is just so amazing how we have to forgive ourselves to truly apply the Atonement. I also got to see how it can change us so much. It was just so great! We got to eat with great members!

I love our branch! There was a child's baptism on Friday and they talked about how special it is to have the Holy Ghost as a companion. 

We got to watch some of the Young Women's broadcast. I was so grateful it was so amazing. There was a talk by Sister Dalton about Sarah (or Rebbecca, ahh I forget right now the name) from the Bible. How when the servant came to find a virtuous lady and found her that her family asked her to stay a few more days, but she said "I will go." Sister Dalton talked about how she could go because of the virtuous life she lived she didn't need to wait and prepare. I am so grateful for my family and friends, and all my leaders in the Bishopric and in Young Women's. They all made a serious impact on my life and helped me so that when the unexpected call to serve a mission came I could go and didn't have to wait to prepare for it. I am honestly so incredibly grateful for everyone's love and support I have always been so blessed with. I am so grateful they have helped me be able to serve a mission for the church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. I am so grateful to be able to serve as a representative to Jesus Christ, every day and invite people to come closer to Jesus Christ every day. It is sooo hard, but I am so grateful for this opportunity. Ahh! Sorry rant there, I am just extremely grateful for everyone that helped me. 

Funny story- When we were tracting the other day these two little boys were on the door step whispering here the girls come. As we walked closer they sprayed silly string over us. 

Love you all!


Love Always, 
Sister McDougle

No comments:

Post a Comment