August 5, 2013

Like Some Cheesy Romantic Comedy


Hey! 

I hope everybody is doing great! 

This week has been eventual! We ran out of miles so we walked like 6 or more miles everyday. It was good though! I liked being able to be outside walking and talking to people on the streets. There was one homeless lady we talked to who was really nice, I don't know it was really cool to think how much love Heavenly Father has for His daughter. 

We had one great day where one guy decided he wanted to teach us and then when we politely said it was great to meet you sir but we do have to go, we set apart an hour for this and now we have to get to our next appointment. He said "Thank you for setting apart the time to come, you didn't have to. And I don't believe that anyone really Wants to go to Hell. So I ask you to pray and think about what I told you." So that was a great "bonding moment" as Sister Hansen called it. 

And then a lady who was so prepared for the gospel, she cancelled on us because we believe God and Jesus are the same person, but we don't, and she wouldn't believe us so that was a fun day. 

J moved her baptisms date to the 24th. And then when we went over the other night she dropped us because she doesn't want to quit smoking and stuff.  

And then we got stood up and dumped by almost everyone we were teaching. So basically it is like some cheesy romantic comedy. But there has been lots of miracles. We have found more people to teach who are great. H came to church again and is planning to be baptized the 31st. 

I love being in a trio! It is fun and nice to have more people to talk to. We got into less active members homes! One lady really opened up to us and it was cool to be able to relate to her. One guy we are now teaching he had just finished saying he doesn't like reading Proverbs right now and I opened my Bible and it opened to Proverbs and 3 scriptures that I had marked applied exactly to what he was going through, it was cool. 

I tried peanut butter and mayo. Um, that was interesting. I didn't know how picky I was until I came out on my mission. It's all good though! I love being out here. I found out Reynoldsburg is the birthplace of the tomato! Things are starting to look up! And like one of my investigators said- "like Katy Perry said there is always a rainbow after every storm". 

I love you all!!!! I hope you are all having a great day!
Love, Sister McDougle

No comments:

Post a Comment