November 11, 2013

I love being a Missionary


Hey! 

This week was great! 

We have been working with this amazing lady (Our recent concert's friend). She wasn't going to be able to come to church on Sunday. After having lots of opposition and people telling her to stop going to our church, she prayed and asked God that if this is the direction He would like her to go, that He would open a door for her to go to church. And it was opened! 

We had a great talk with her last night and she said she believes the Book of Mormon is true, the Church is true, and that she believes this is the path Heavenly Father is leading her to! She is so amazing!

I got to talk in zone meeting about our mission's goal. I got to share an amazing talk by Elder Bednar, about the enabling power of the Atonement. That we can only do this through Christ's atonement. In the talk he talked about how when Nephi was bound with chords and left in the wilderness to die by his brothers, he didn't pray to be delivered and his brothers to be punished- but instead he prayed for the strength to break the chords. That is the enabling power of the Atonement. 

I need not to pray for baptisms, but for the faith to believe it can happen, the humility to be in tune with the Spirit to be led and guided to those who are ready and prepared. 

Ah, I love being a missionary! 

 I am so grateful for my Savior. I know that is only through Him that I can do any of this. That I can share the joy I feel with others. I love Him. I am so grateful for all the trials I have been through to be honored to get to lean on Him and get to know Him better. 

I love you all!

Love always, 
Sister McDougle

No comments:

Post a Comment