November 4, 2013

Challenge! Read 10 pages every day!


This week was great!

So we had Zone conference, so half the mission was there. Our mission president had the people stand who have been out 9 months to a year. There was only about 7 or so of us and I was in the back. He went around the room asking them to say one thing we do not stand for in this mission. Well he skipped over me. He didn't realize I was standing. The assistants on the stand were trying to hold it in, when he went through everyone and started to move on to a different subject his wife interrupted him and said, "Sister McDougle is standing". It was really funny, and he apologized.

Our investigator came to church and bore her testimony! It was amazing, and it was so cool to see others go up there and say how her testimony strengthened theirs. She talked about how she died on the operating table and was sent back, and she doesn't know if this is maybe the reason why. The whole reason she became opened to the church is because she saw the ward family reach out to her friend. That and seeing the change her friend has made since she started investigating the church, is what led her to be open to investigating the church.

We helped do service for a man whose wife is a member, he is a baptist preacher. We helped him split and stack wood that he cut for firewood. Just call me Paul Bunion. 

We have been able to serve the sisters we train a lot this week. It is amazing to see how the Spirit can work through you. It's still me and my personality but we have been blessed to be able to help with situations, that I know on my own I could not have been able to and would have no idea how to help. I see it a lot with those we teach. There are so many horrible problems people have to deal with, things that I have never been able to and can't even begin to relate with them on. But it is amazing how the Spirit leads and guides you on what to say to comfort them. I love knowing that the Gospel of Jesus Christ can bless them no matter what circumstances they are in. It shows me how much Heavenly Father loves us, knows us,  and answers our prayers.

Challenge: Starting November 1st Our mission started reading 10 pages of the Book of Mormon every day. So you will be done by Christmas. I invite everyone to join in. I promise if anyone will do it with a sincere and open heart, it will help you come closer to Christ and you will know weather or not the Book of Mormon is the Word of God.

I testify that it is.

 I love you all.

Love Always, 
Sister McDougle

No comments:

Post a Comment